Mocapay is proud to announce the completion of our 2015 PCI 3.0 Certification. While Mocapay has always made the security of our customer’s data our primary concern, changes in the PCI standards for version 3.0 have increased the level of detail required during the evaluation process.
These changes include:
- Increases in the level of detail in network diagrams
- A complete inventory of system components must now be maintained to facilitate development of configuration standards
- Systems not commonly affected by malware (Linux servers, for example) must now also be evaluated for the possibility of being compromised by a new or emerging malicious software threat
- Improvements and better guidelines for secure coding practices
- Stronger access controls and requirements for authorized users
- New requirements for network penetration testing
In addition, PCI 3.0 also includes more detailed guidelines and clarification of existing requirements. Mocapay applauds the PCI Council’s changes to the certification evaluation, which help all companies reach a higher standard of data security.