Will 2014 be “The year for mobile”? Wow, how many times have I heard this. The reality is the past 3 to 4 years have been the year for mobile. What have we seen?
- There are more mobile devices in the US than people
- There are more searches performed on mobile devices than on computers
- There are now more smart phones than feature phones
- There are now smart watches and smart glasses
- Consumers are ready; the question is … is the American SMB market ready?
Mobile continues to grow, and let’s face it, it’s how consumers want to communicate with their friends, family, and their favorite retail businesses and service providers. As a mobile entrepreneur, I see it as my duty to make it easy and intuitive for consumers to work with businesses and easy for businesses to adopt mobile programs. Programs such as payments, gift, loyalty, marketing, and promotions. Mobile isn’t a new program, it’s a new channel that delivers programs that are tried and true for businesses small and large.
It’s time to stop saying 20XX is the “Year for Mobile”, it’s already here!
Happy New Year! I hope that you have a prosperous and happy 2014!