What Is a Mobile Gift Card?
A mobile gift card is a gift card that is stored and used on your mobile phone. The money value and your personal information is stored in Mocapay’s cloud (not on the mobile device) so it is secure. Mocapay’s mobile wallet (where the cards are stored) is pin protected so no one can purchase or use cards from you mobile wallet if they get a hold of your phone and they cannot access your personal information.
A merchant (restaurant or retailer) can integrate a mobile gift card program in a couple different ways:
― A merchant can choose to mobilize a current gift card program they already have. We can integrate with their processor so the balance is the same on either card.
- This would give the customer 3 options:
- Use their plastic gift card only.
- Use their mobile gift card only. (Purchase this though the FREE Mocapay app for iPhone or Android or online at Mocapay.com)
- Mobilize their plastic gift card giving the customer the option to pay using their mobile gift card on their cell phone or use their plastic card. They work interchangeably: meaning the balance will always be the same no matter which format of gift card the customer uses.
― A merchant can choose to have a mobile only gift card program.
- This would require the customer to have a mobile gift card they use on their phone only.
What Is a Mobile Loyalty Card?
A mobile loyalty card is a rewards program customers access though their cell phones. Basically, customers can use their cell phone number to accrue loyalty points just like they do with a punch card or plastic loyalty card.
- With many programs, points are accrued very simply: $1 = 1 point!
- When a customer reaches a certain point threshold, they are rewarded with a comp card (value of which decided by merchant). For example, at 100 points the customer would receive a $10 mobile card.
- Then it starts all over again.
What Is a Mobile Comp Card?
A mobile comp card is like a coupon/discount. It does not hold any actual monetary value, but can be redeemed at the point of sale just like a coupon or discount.
A merchant can do a few different things with a mobile comp card:
― They can use them for customer recovery
- For example, if a customer calls and complains that their visit was not satisfactory, the merchant get their mobile phone number and send them a mobile comp card (value of merchant’s choice) on the spot and ask the customer to give them another try,
― They can use them as coupons/discounts
- For example, “But one ______ get one free” and then load the comp card with the value of the item they would get for free.
― They can use them in a mobile loyalty program as a reward for earning a certain amount of points.
What Is a Mobile Affinity Card?
A mobile affinity card is a mobile loyalty card and mobile gift card in one.
- When a customer pays with their mobile affinity card it works exactly the same as a gift card accept they automatically receive loyalty points for that purchase.
- HOWEVER, if a customer does not have money on their affinity card to pay with, they can also give the cashier their mobile phone number and accrue points on that same affinity card like they would with any loyalty card.