We would like to get back to the basics to make sure everyone knows how to utilize Mocapay! First topic? Let’s talk about how you can utilize Mocapay’s merchant’s gift cards if you do not have a smart pone!
Mocapay is versatile and can be used on your mobile phone the same way you use text messaging! The steps are simple.
1) Find out if your favorite restaurant or store uses Mocapay! You can do this by going to the Mocapay website, www.mocapay.com, or simply asking at the store or restaurant itself.
2) If the Merchant does use Mocapay, you will be able to text in a short code to that merchant’s keyword. For example, you can be put on the Dazbog Coffee list in Denver, CO by texting FREEDAZ to 466622. This particular promotion includes receiving a $4 mobile gift card just for joining their list!
- On a side note, what exactly is a list? Well, being on a merchant’s list allows them to send you text messages about coupons, promotions, and offers up to two times per month! It is Mocapay’s promise that it you will not receive more than those two text messages per month from any single merchant!
3) Now that puts you on a merchant’s list, which may or may not include sending you a gift card for joining, but let’s say someone sent you a gift card through your phone, what now?
4) Make sure you save the text message that alerted you that you received a mobile gift card in your phone! When you are ready to use the card, reply to that text message. There will be instructions in the text message as to which keyword, (for example DAZBOG10) to reply to the short code with!
- Another side note, a short code is simply a shorter number associated with Mocapay. They are designed to be easier to read and remember. It works they same was as texting a friend, but you cannot call the number.
5) After you reply to the text message, you will receive a new text message with a six-digit code to give to the restaurant or store employee helping you. This code is good for 30 minutes, and once it has been used once, it cannot be used again! This is a safety measure to prevent fraud for both you and the merchant. If you do not use it within 30 minutes, it does not affect your balance, but you can get a new code or refresh your code anytime!
6) Once you have paid for your products with the code, you will receive another text message, a text receipt, telling you what you spent and the new balance of your gift card!
And it is as simple as that to utilize and enjoy!
If you do have a smart phone and want to learn about how to download and use the App… check it out on our website here: https://www.mocapay.com/mpay/consumers-how-it-works
Also, if you would like to gift a card to a friend, you can do so here: https://www.mocapay.com/p/sendcard/mca